Welcome to the diocese of Kasana-Luweero! Find on this website information about the history of the diocese, its bishop, the main functions in the diocese, diocesan statistics, religious communities of men and women with their respective addresses, other institutions including seminaries, catechetical centre, hospitals and health centres, parishes, centres with resident priests, diocesan and relgious priests with their dates of ordination
The Diocese of Kasana-Luweero was erected on 16th December 1996. Dr. Cyprian Kizito Lwanga was its first Ordinary.
Kasana-Luweero Diocese was erected on the 30th November 1996 by His Holiness Pope John Paul II. He detached it from the former Archdiocese of Kampala.
It covers an area of 8,539 km and comprises of three Civic Districts of Luweero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola. On the 1st March, 1997 the Diocese was officially inaugurated and on the same day His Eminence Emmanuel Cardinal Wamala ordained Msgr. Cyprian K. Lwanga, the first Bishop of this Diocese. After the transfer of Rt. Rev. Bishop Cyprian K. Lwanga to Kampala Archdiocese as new Archbishop of Kampala Archdiocese, the Diocese was put under the Diocesan Administration of Msgr. Matthias Kanyerezi until His Holiness Pope Benedixt XVI appointed its second Bishop the Rt. Rev. Paul Ssemogerere.
Rt. Rev. Paul Ssemogerere
He was born on 30th June 1956, at Kisubi in the Archdiocese of Kampala.
He was ordained a priest on 3rd June 1983. Appointed the second Bishop of Kasana–Luweero on 4th June 2008. Ordained a Bishop and installed on 23rd August, 2008 at Kasana-Luweero by Archbishop Cyprian Kizito Lwanga.
P.O. Box 303, LUWEERO
Website : www.kasanaluweerodiocese.com